Carolina Riot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Carolina Riot

Carolina Riot is a scenario paintball team

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Barrel Recommendations

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shiner

shiner

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Barrel Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: barrell   Barrel Recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 6:18 pm

I have an armson barrell on my cocker and it sounds like a fire cracker. Do ya'll have any barrell suggestions to quiet it down? I like the way it shoots (straight) but it's just too darn loud!

Junkee,

do you have that beaver tail? I bout poked my eye out... Fyi: The gun is awesome, best purchase yet. My buddy and I sat out Friday night and target practiced and I honed the red dot in. we wasted about a case o paint. lets put it this way... I can hit a firecracker on a post about 20yds away!! not bragging just sayin how accurate the gun is... I'll post pics soon...
Back to top Go down
docrock
Bailey's...Hmmmm...Creamy, Beige

Number of posts : 369

PostSubject: Re: Barrel Recommendations   Barrel Recommendations Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 6:59 pm

Yes I have a suggestion...a CP barrel kit. You can ask puddin or any of the guys that have been on the field when my cocker is shooting and its quiet as hell.
Back to top Go down
shiner

shiner

PostSubject: barrell   Barrel Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 10:06 am

Thanks. I'll look into it. It's like the freak kits correct? i guess I'll check ebay. I paid $1 with shipping so like $8 for the armson...
Back to top Go down
docrock

PostSubject: Re: Barrel Recommendations   Barrel Recommendations Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 6:09 pm

No its not like a freak...freaks use inserts...this is has barrel backs that are 6 inches long with up to I think 5 sizes from like 683 to 695 in size. They are ten times better then inserts because nothing can fly out or get broke or wear out really...they are barrel backs.

I have a blue set I'd sell you but I don't know if you have to be color coded with your gear. Its got 4 fronts and 5 backs so barrel can be 10, 12, 14, 16 inch and then 5 different backs. The kit is $290 retail but I'd be a lot cheaper then that.
Back to top Go down
saharajunkee
Hugh Jackman my Butt!!!
Hugh Jackman my Butt!!!
saharajunkee

Number of posts : 295

PostSubject: Re: Barrel Recommendations   Barrel Recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 1:22 am

Subject: Shiner's Autococker Yesterday at 7:47 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't want to respond to the question on the cocker picture thread..

Joey.. yes I have a beaver tail for your cocker. Remind me next time I see you, I should have it.

Also, did you adjust the 3-way and get the slight leak to stop? If you make any adjustments, test for blow back. Put a piece of tissue in the feed neck, put a barrel plug on the barrel and dry fire the marker. If the piece of tissue shoots out of the feed neck, you're getting some blow back. If it stays in the feed neck or gets sucked in.. ya should be good.
Back to top Go down
shiner

shiner

PostSubject: Re: Barrel Recommendations   Barrel Recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 1:36 am

I appreciate the info on the barrell kits... I'll have to look into it. I have to buy a car now so new pb gear is prob. out for now. thanks though. ill keep it in mind.

I have not fixed the leak. I read wgp's manual and they said that pet. jelly works well as a lubricant. I put some in the end of the three way and fired it a couple of times, it's not as bad but still there. I was using co2 so it might be a little better than hpa in that aspect. I need your help adjusting the lpr. it is constantly shooting btwn 200 and 300psi.

Peace
Back to top Go down
saharajunkee
Hugh Jackman my Butt!!!
Hugh Jackman my Butt!!!
saharajunkee

Number of posts : 295

PostSubject: Re: Barrel Recommendations   Barrel Recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 10:38 am

We'll want to tweak it, get it shooting closer to 350-400 on the hpr for best efficiency. There should not be a leak with co2 or hpa.

Is the leak coming from the front of the 3-way? You're certain it's not coming from any of the hoses? Sometimes I've had to yank the hoses off, snip the end of the hose, then reseat them.

If the leak is coming from the back of the 3way, again it may need an adjustment to the 3-way, but it could also be a leak from the ram (air seaps through an o-ring in the ram and exhausts out the 3way). Lastly, it might be an o-ring in the 3way. Either way, I've got o-rings Smile
Back to top Go down
shiner

shiner

PostSubject: Re: Barrel Recommendations   Barrel Recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 1:28 pm

Yeah I'm sure it is coming out of my 3way cause I put my finger over the end it stops. I'll try adjusting the rod to see if it stops. Thankx for the input.
Back to top Go down
docrock

PostSubject: Re: Barrel Recommendations   Barrel Recommendations Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 6:26 pm

Make sure the 3 way isn't angled in any way...straight up straight back...if for whatever reason its not straight on it'll leak. I've had cockers in the past that if I touched the 3 way rod it'd leak until i took my finger off of it.

3 way orings are easy to fix. Sahara is right though...any leak = bad. It'll mess up your consistency, your efficiency, and make other areas work poorly.
Back to top Go down
shiner

shiner

PostSubject: Re: Barrel Recommendations   Barrel Recommendations Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 11:33 pm

Got it fixed this weekend thanks to junkee and his mass of spare parts. Turns out it was the o-ring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barrel Recommendations   Barrel Recommendations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barrel Recommendations
Page 1 of 1