Carolina Riot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Carolina Riot

Carolina Riot is a scenario paintball team

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gustav

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Milkshake
Udderly Ridiculous
Udderly Ridiculous
Milkshake

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2007-05-14

Gustav Empty
PostSubject: Gustav   Gustav Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:31 am

Just sitting here still waiting on word from the inlaws about whether they found a place to sleep a bit on their way up here. Last contact had them on I 20 towards Birmingham AL very, very slowly. They left at 8 am yesterday and it took over 12 hours to do a 6 hour trip. Traffic is backed up and the old folks are restless. My father inlaw (74) just had total knee replacement 2 weeks ago, still not healed up or course. Mother inlaw is drving and she is in squirrels shape, needs the insulin shots and regular meals or she wigs out. That is why I worry about you squirrel, been around this stuff before, anyway. The second car has my sister inlaw, her boyfriend and daughter of 8 yo. I know they are having a hard trip to get here, waited to see which way it was heading and had to get in the contraflow traffic, what a joke. Anyone seen that crap? All the pics they have shown does not show the other side of the interstate going the same way, why not? Why do we enact evacuation policies if we will not use them as they are intended.
Did not sleep much with the worrying, I will post up againg when I hear word and againg when the WHOLE HOUSE FULL OF FUN TIME BEGINS. All they do is argue at each other and I do lots of yard work, or work on my markers. I am not the type to ask, but for those who do such things, please pray for them and their safety on the long voyage to one of the best areas to live, UPSTATE SC.
Back to top Go down
Ace007
Gramps
Gramps
Ace007

Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Gustav Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gustav   Gustav Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 7:01 am

Sounds like you need prayer too. I'll keep you all in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Milkshake
Udderly Ridiculous
Udderly Ridiculous
Milkshake

Gustav Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gustav   Gustav Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:49 pm

Well they found a hotel in Meridian Al. all 5 stayed in one room, fun, fun. They then came closer to Tugaloosa Al. They will seperate thursday with the old folks coming up and the rest going back. Hope they get the power back up soon in their area. They all 5 ended staying here 4 weeks back when K hit, OUCH!!!
That was a FUUUNNNN fall for sure. Love em but you know the fish and family line.
Back to top Go down
Loratheexplora
Dee Dee
Dee Dee
Loratheexplora

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Gustav Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gustav   Gustav Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:20 pm

Just saw this post. I hope all is well. In my thoughts and prayers!
Back to top Go down
Milkshake
Udderly Ridiculous
Udderly Ridiculous
Milkshake

Gustav Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gustav   Gustav Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 4:09 pm

Just got the word that they have power and will be returning tomorrow. I am glad it did not hit their area hard. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gustav Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gustav   Gustav Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gustav
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Carolina Riot :: World News-
Jump to: